Serves: 2 – 3
Yet another inspiration from my beloved Mexico. There are so many ways to make tostadas and you could put just about anything on one. Even peanut butter and jelly…no joke. This is my quick and easy version but bursting with flavors from the savory chicken, creamy avocado and spicy sweet salsa. Try this with or without the salsa for a quick lunch, dinner or snack.
- ½ – ¾ lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 oz of Chihuahua or Quesadilla cheese
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup of mango salsa (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and heat the oven to 450F
- Shred the cheese.
- Cut the avocado into ¼ in slices.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch strips. Pat it dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the EVOO to the pan and sauté the chicken until it’s golden and cooked through (approx 5 – 6 minutes).
- Place the tostadas on a baking sheet. Add a few strips of chicken to each tostada and top with avocado and cheese.
- Bake the tostadas until the cheese melts (approx 3 – 4 minutes).
- Serve topped with mango salsa and sprinkling of cilantro.
- This would also be great with a dollop of sour cream or a drizzle of crema fresca.
- Change it up!
- If you don’t like the sweet/savory thing just use either pico de gallo or any kind of salsa you like.