Yields approximately ¾ cups
Chimichurri is a condiment hailing from beautiful Argentina although it’s widely used in various central and South American countries. You’ll see it in just about any Argentinean steakhouse and like most condiments has hundreds of variations. The traditional recipe calls for parsley, oregano, EVOO and vinegar but we kicked it up by adding red chili flakes and lime. Although it’s typically used on steak you could put it on just about any meat or fish. Note: The sauce could be made a few days in advance. Cover and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- 1 cup Parsley (loosely packed)
- ¼ cup EVOO
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Mince the parsley as fine as you can
- Next mince 2 cloves of garlic finely.
- Combine in a bowl and add ¼ cup of EVOO, oregano, red pepper flakes, 2 Tbsp of lime juice and pinch of salt and pepper. Give the mixture a good stir
- Taste and adjust seasonings as you wish.
- Literally on any meat or protein! It’s great on steak but would also taste yummy with chicken, fish or even eggs.
- To change it up try the following…
- Replace lime juice with white wine or champagne vinegar
- Replace ¼ of the parsley with fresh mint
- Add 2 tbsp of finely chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil