4 large eggs
2 spicy Italian sausage links (that’s about 1/3 lb.)
1 large red bell pepper
1/2 onion (sweet or red work well but we prefer sweet)
1 large red potato
1/3 cup cheddar cheese (sharp works best)
- Cook the potato in a microwave on high for 5 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, dice the bell pepper and the onions.
- Heat a 8 inch skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat.
- Remove the sausage from the casings, crumble into the pan and cook thoroughly. Once browned, remove the sausage and set it aside leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Add the diced bell pepper and onion to the pan and sauté until the onions become translucent. Remove from the pan and set aside. Leave any remaining oil in the skillet. If there is less than 1 Tbsp in the pan, add some EVOO until you have approx 1 Tbsp.
- Cut the cooked potato into ¼ in slices. Cook on medium heat for 3 – 5 minutes or until they’re crisp on one side. Flip the potatoes.
- Lower heat to medium low, distribute the sausage, peppers and onions evenly over the potatoes then gently pour the scrambled eggs in.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs begin to set. Do not rush the eggs!!
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Once the eggs are set, remove lid, sprinkle the cheese on top and place the pan in the oven to melt the cheese and finish cooking the eggs. This should take approx 4 – 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and savor!